Friday 24 February 2012

The Proof of 3 M's - Page 2

Click to read the first page of The Proof of 3 M's

                    It took a minute to register what I was looking at. My mind like everyone’s on this world was conditioned to judging spaces and drawing conclusions and so I did. But behind the bushes yonder, was whole new world unexplored, untouched, and already unforgettable. The 3 U’s.  I couldn’t feel my heart’s rhythm, and as I placed one hand over it, I realized that it had come to a stop. Reason flooded my mind and reality broke it; how was I alive then? Did I die and come to some waiting lounge while they decided where to send me next? And how come dogs were allowed here? Past all the questions, I looked at what was in front of me. A row of cherry blossom trees marked a territory of some kind. The glowing petals blew steadily over the rolling land where I could see Bruno wag his tail anxiously waiting for me to come. Breathing in, I felt nothing enter me, and taking a step I felt nothing below me. That’s probably because my feet were pressing into nothingness. The minute I looked down and saw that, a chill crept over me. I’d turned into a ghost maybe. Ignoring the weird nothingness around me I went to Bruno and clasped his collar. Okay, possibility one ruled out, I wasn’t a ghost…I could hold him. That’s when I heard the voices. They sounded like chimes in a slight breeze….so tuned in harmony and mellow. Mesmerize was what it did, I blindly followed it to the source like flies caught by the light. Again that feeling that someone was constantly hovering over me erupted and I jolted out of instinct behavior we’re all endowed with. Soon it calmed me down and I got to thinking that if I was to form an image out of the presence and the voices, it would be some mythical creature…ironic but true. I was happy that I was still on track of the agenda I came here with; at least the rationality wasn’t barred like my breathing. 
                After what felt like a few minutes of walking I was facing a great old oak tree, that I hadn’t seen from where I entered this…this place. Draped with lights, it looked like the home of prestigious birds or something. My mind’s engine’s started working as to how electricity was available and whether they were lights or candles or huge fireflies. The omnipresence told me to let go of all the questions and just experience. As if someone connected a pipeline into my brain and read my thoughts of just existing.…creepy.  But the voices pushed on further and eventually confusion swept over me. It always did. My entire existence was spent in confusing over petty issues, the past and future, so much that the present would just slip away into the past. And now here was a time when all I was supposed to do was act dead for a while like the rest of the people back at the mainland. But however I seemed to utilize it better being here, discovering things. That brought a happy warm feeling into my heart and a smile stretched out on my face after years. That was the last thing that my mind registered fully. The rest were visuals and mere doubts but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Something to do with more voices and my own, a few twirls in the cold air amongst the mythical beings and yes of course, pure laughter. I felt my body breakdown all the firewalls against the world, and open up to minds with a similar thought.  I was content, proud at that exact moment when I was swirling faster and for once being stuck in the present.
The image of a dream-catcher with braided feathers and smooth beads being placed in my palm and the face of a goddess like creature was stuck on my mind as I woke up back in my dull room. If it all was just a dream the first thing I’d do was panic and cry for it felt so very good! It was so perfect that I didn’t want this reality that I created for myself. I sat upright in bed, with cushions all around me and buried my face into my hands. It just couldn’t be a dream, I felt every bit. I glanced at the clock over my head and that’s when some comfort crept into me. There, right below the cock and hanging over my bed was the dream-catcher I had seen last night. For a minute all I did was blink over and over trying to remember more from memory. I might’ve seen wings, colorful tattoos on pale skin, ruffled feathers or I might’ve been just dreaming.  Maybe I wasn’t mean to be one of the humans, maybe I was mean to be there, with those innocent souls who took me in as their own and made me live one night like never before.  Or maybe it was all just one heck of a dream. Whatever it was, I knew that with the dream-catcher hanging above me, the gates to that island would always be open. I didn’t care if I was sad every day, as long as I could visit that great oak community. This thing hanging above my bed which is rumored to catch bad dreams was actually the key to that world… this was the proof of the 3 M’s existence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment