Wednesday 7 March 2012

A Doll's Heart

The time that I faltered,
Couldn't do a thing,
I had to be altered
For I had a broken wing.

I knew the world around me,
Saw its colors pass me by,
But all I could do was see,
And nothing else, I had no idea why.

The world thought it was my end,
For nothing except life remained,
I was a doll, unable to love, or to bend,
 Maybe a lifeless figure, hopeless that it pained.

Then too, through the endless pain
I saw you near me, straining
To bring me back to you, all in vain
You were blue, like them dark clouds raining

I saw what you felt,
I found your love for me
And even this doll's heart did melt
And I was the person what I should be

Now with you there's no day
My life seems shaped by you
And there's no way to pay
For people who love me like you, my Midnight Sun are few...




No comments:

Post a Comment