Monday 5 March 2012

If only I were the Chief Minister....


A single road paved with pine trees lead,
Into the world of fame, progress and greed.
But swayed by these riches, I will not,
follow the path of my ancestors and what they sought.

My hands hold the truth of many,
My voice is the union of the folk I see,
Surrounded with their love, I grow into what they want me to be,
Though others bet I'm like the rest, working for a penny.

If i had that immense power in my hands,
I would respect it, survey all my lands,
Turn them into pastures from rock ridden sands,
And leave the rest in my fellow farmer's hands.

Even before monsoon arrives and showers pour,
I would command for a roof over households so poor,
Roads will be black stretches, no puddles or holes,
My people then would enjoy the rain with wet soles.

Young ignited minds put me to shame,
Their restless mind soars above high skies,
So with more institutions to nurture I'build with fame,
And beam with awe when my country is on the rise.

I would represent my state in summits,
Would speak for my country men, the just, the rights,
For honesty is a virtue to be earned in bits,
And that would lead my entire nation into a world without fights.

At the end of the day I'd smile exhausted,
Satisfied to have kept my identity at par,
With my people's expectations to the life I led,
Their trust is what changes the world from what we are.

And when I reap what I sowed, it would,
be shared in that union of voices if only it could,
I'd love to make a change as a chief minister,
                        If only i were....







2 comments:

  1. It's common to comment on every writing you do, but i appreciate only few. This one was worth reading from you!

    ReplyDelete